The FCC is tracking hundreds of companies that have already pledged COVID-19 support to help consumers. This pledge includes to:
- not terminate service to any residential or small business customers because of their inability to pay their bills due to the disruptions caused by the coronavirus pandemic;
- waive any late fees that any residential or small business customers incur because of their economic circumstances related to the coronavirus pandemic; and
- open its Wi-Fi hotspots to any American who needs them.
Click below to see a list of companies and actions above and beyond the pledge.
On March 20, 2020, the Secretary of Education directed the office of Federal Student Aid to provide the following relief on U.S. Department of Education held federal student loans:
- suspend loan payments
- stop collections on defaulted loans
- set interest rates to 0% for a period of 60 days
On March 27, 2020, Congress passed, and the president signed into law, the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act (CARES Act), which provides for the above relief measures through Sept. 30, 2020. Then on Aug. 8, 2020, President Trump directed the Secretary to continue to suspend loan payments, stop collections, and waive interest on U.S. Department of Education-held student loans until Dec. 31, 2020.
Many banks are offering various forms for relief on credit cards, minimum balance fees, late fees, loan payments, and more. Stay in close communication with the creditor (whom the money is owed) during this COVID-19 period and during any financial hardship. Communicating sooner than later is likely going to improve your chances of getting relief.
Huntington Bank has a user-friendly layout of various forms of relief for their customers in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. Visit their site by clicking the button below.
There is a Discount Code for No-Touch Infrared Thermometers that already seem very reasonably priced. They claim the code only last 24 hours. This code might also work for other items on their site. Free Shipping for orders >$100.
We do not have any affiliation nor do we receive a commission from this site/company. Visit https://refundmyfees.com to find more ways to save your hard-earned money or get money back that you deserve.