Six-Sigma-Material.com is a popular source for free content. The site focuses on the the methodolgies and tools used within SIx Sigma and Lean Manufacturing.
The site focuses ont the DMAIC path. It covers the most commonly used tools from start to finish. Each topic (such as MSA, ANOVA, Normality Assumption, p-value, DOE, etc) has simple explanations, examples, and practice certification problems. They’re offering a 1 week free trial to access and free and paid content. Per the website, a subscription includes the following.
- Access to all pages within the site. Thousands of pages of material, examples, practice problems, and more added monthly. Your secret source to success.
- We’ll offer to help you (within reason) on particular topics, just send an email.
- Special offers from Six-Sigma-Material or affiliates as available.
- Free downloads throughout the site that are not available to the public.
- “Refer a Friend” discount (scroll down to learn more).
- Group membership discounts
- Cancel anytime
They also have templates, tables, and calculators to help Green Belts and Blacks Belts execute their projects.
The IRS has a 10 minute quiz to help determine whether you may be able to claim a Tax Education Credit. This will help you determine if you’re eligible for certain educational credits or deductions including the American Opportunity Credit, the Lifetime Learning Credit, and the Tuition and Fees Deduction.
Be prepared with the following because you’ll have to start over after 15 minutes of inactivity.
- Filing status.
- Student’s enrollment status.
- Your adjusted gross income.
- Who paid the expenses, when the expenses were paid, and for what academic period.
- If any expenses were paid with tax-exempt funds.
- If any expenses were paid with distributions from a Coverdell Education Savings Account or Qualified Tuition Program.
The tool is designed for taxpayers that were U.S. citizens or resident aliens for the entire tax year for which they’re inquiring. If married, the spouse must also have been a U.S. citizen or resident alien for the entire tax year. For information regarding nonresidents or dual-status aliens, please see International Taxpayers.
Remember…its not how much you earn but rather how much you keep. Learn about other ways to reduce the cost of tuition and college related costs.
Free tuition does exist and may become more popular in the future. Of course these are few and far between and come with qualifications. The catch is that “free” doesn’t equate to covering all educational expenses. But it’s worth the look if you’re in the hunt. The link below explains more.
If you have comments, experience, or feedback related to this topic please login and contribute below.
On March 20, 2020, the Secretary of Education directed the office of Federal Student Aid to provide the following relief on U.S. Department of Education held federal student loans:
- suspend loan payments
- stop collections on defaulted loans
- set interest rates to 0% for a period of 60 days
On March 27, 2020, Congress passed, and the president signed into law, the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act (CARES Act), which provides for the above relief measures through Sept. 30, 2020. Then on Aug. 8, 2020, President Trump directed the Secretary to continue to suspend loan payments, stop collections, and waive interest on U.S. Department of Education-held student loans until Dec. 31, 2020.